Affordable Luxury. High density ensures durability under heavy residential traffic, tight twist creates color shimmer, hiding most footprints and vacuum cleaner lines.
Full stain and static protection. 20 year wear warranty, 5 year stain warranty, 5year texture retention warranty. FHA approved.
Available in all 36 home fashion colors. Green Living Kidguard P.E.T. Polyester makes John\'s Castle a choice you can really live with in style.
John's Castle is a certified Green Living P.E.T. Recycled Carpet
A carpet alternative that makes sense.
PET carpet is manufactured with yarn created from reclaimed polyester resins of two-liter soda bottles and ketchup containers. Commonly known as Pop Bottle Carpet, recycled PET(polyethylene terephthalate) polyester carpet is uniquely strong and durable. The making of P.E.T. carpets starts out by sorting the P.E.T. bottles and then grinding them into small chips. The cleaned chips are then melted down and extruded into fiber before being spun into carpet yarn. Labels and caps from the P.E.T. holders are used to make the core, the roll that the carpet is wrapped around. Since 1999 over 17 billion plastic bottles have been recycled, and that has saved one billion pounds of waste.
The quality of our polyester resins remains unchanged throughout the recycling process.Indeed, recycled PET has a higher melting point and higher density than nylon, which gives the carpet many superior characteristics. In general, our carpets tend to be heavier, thicker and more luxurious than conventional nylon carpets. Moreover, recycled polyester carpets consistently demonstrate superior stain resistance over nylon construction.Advantages for your Carpet:
- Superior resistance to soils & stains.
- Superb abrasion and wear resistance.
- Bright coloration with excellent colorfastness.
- Soft feel.
- Fibers designed for high static control.
- Much lower moisture absorption.
- Market tested: 150 million yards installed since 1991.
- Competitively priced.
- Reduces use of virgin resources
- Less energy needed for manufacturing than for virgin carpet
- The dyeing process is less polluting
- Over 1.6 billion containers reclaimed annually
- Because plastic beverage containers are made with top quality resins as required by the Food and Drug Administration, recycled PET is superior to lower grades of virgin synthetic fibers used in making other brands of polyester carpet yarns.
- Easier maintenance reduces the use of cleaners that may also emit VOCs.
- About 40 two-liter soda bottles are recycled per square yard of carpeting.
- P.E.T. fibers can be recycled for other applications such as car parts, insulation, transportation devices and stuffing for furniture.